Dear IBMA Member,
Thank you for your few additional comments on the Sustainable Use of Plant Protection Products Regulation (SUR) proposal for the public consultation. These have been incorporated as far as practical.
Please find online IBMA position on the SUR proposal, which content has been uploaded last week to answer the European Commission public consultation.
Based on the feedback and the Brussels advocacy arena, the top 5 priorities we need to keep in the proposed regulation and where possible improve are as follows:
- Definition of biocontrol including the 4 categories with other natural substances added to the plant extracts, as per IBMA definition of Biocontrol
- Use of biocontrol in all sensitive areas
- The separation of biocontrol in the HRIs
- Indicative targets for biocontrol to be ensured and where necessary made legally binding.
- IPM definition that should explicitly refer to prioritise biological control and using chemicals only if essential, clearly ranking IPM eight principles described and applying a preventative approach, ecosystem based.
We are at your disposal if you have any question, please do not hesitate to call or email us.
Jennifer, Isabelle and the IBMA Team