Current opportunities of potential interest for our members
Office Manager full-time for IBMA Global – Brussels
IBMA is looking for an Office Manager to reinforce the team. The selected candidate will have the chance to work in a friendly and multicultural environment, for an innovative and rapidly growing industry, joining our dedicated team which is passionate about the future of sustainable agriculture.
Founded in 1995, the International Biocontrol Manufacturers Association (IBMA) is an international non-profit trade association, based in Brussels since 2013. With over 220 members globally we represent the manufacturers of biocontrol solutions, known alternatives to control pests and diseases effectively in an environmental- friendly way in agriculture, forestry, public spaces, and gardens. A large percentage of IBMA members are small and medium Enterprises (SMEs). Our members’ solutions enhance biodiversity and soil health and fulfil the sustainability goals consumer’s demand. More information: https://ibma-global.org/about-ibma.
Office Manager Role
As IBMA Office Manager you will be responsible for the efficient day-to-day functioning of the association’s secretariat, including in relation to finance, HR, membership management and events logistics; reporting to the IBMA Executive Director. The role is often the front line with members and a good “customer service” approach is critical to the role.
- Manage finances: process in and out invoicing and payments, monitor office budget, maintain financial records and liaise with external accountant; produce financial reports for meetings
- Be a point of contact for general enquiries, handle incoming/outgoing general (e)mail and calls
- Manage members’ requests, building and preserving trusted relationships with our members, addressing members’ needs quickly and effectively
- Provide communication support: update the association’s website, social media, and newsletters, prepare presentations, monitor digital communication performance
- Practical organisation of meetings and events, including travel logistics
- Provide general administrative support of the team, incl. filing, correspondence, office supplies, HR, maintaining our databases and mass-mailing systems
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills with intercultural sensitivity
- Financial management and bookkeeping experience
- Strong IT skills: MSOffice, SharePoint, websites, social media, etc.
- Strong focus on delivering detailed work and proactive solutions with accuracy and reliability
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a small team
- Comfortable working as part of a remote working team in which the candidate is the primary Brussels office-based member of the Secretariat
- Effective time management: ability to organize and (re)prioritize tasks,
- Flexibility and initiative in a rapidly changing environment, incl. willingness to propose improvements in ways of working, maximising the use of new IT solutions
- Fluency in English as the working language of the association, with a working knowledge of French (fluency in other languages is an asset)
- Experience with HR and legal issues in a Belgian context is an advantage
- Experience working in a membership organisation is an advantage
- Knowledge and/or interest in environmental issues, agriculture, biology or related areas
We offer: A permanent full-time contract under Belgian law with a competitive remuneration package including extra-legal paid leave, group insurance, lunch vouchers and a pension. A consultant contract is possible if preferred by the candidate.
A part-time contract of 30 hours per week would be considered for the right candidate.
The office manager position is Brussels based. The Secretariat staff are based throughout the world and visit and work in Brussels as needed. Due to the Covid-19 situation, staff currently predominantly work from home but as restrictions ease, staff will be visiting the Brussels office more regularly. Flexibility to partially work from home post-Covid can be discussed.
Start date: 3 May 2022
How to apply:
- All queries should be sent by email to: email@example.com. To apply, please send your CV (including 2 references) and cover letter (1 page maximum) by email – with subject line Office Manager – Application – firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 22 March 2022 COB
- Suitable applicants will be invited for an interview (online) on Wednesday 30 March 2022
IBMA Technical Director – Vacancy
The International Biocontrol Manufacturers’ Association is a global Association with a European focus, representing the biocontrol industry, whose members produce innovative bioprotection products based on microorganisms, semiochemicals, macroorganisms and natural substances. IBMA has more than 250 members who drive bioprotection innovation worldwide, 85% of which are SMEs. In Europe, there are 165 members in 17 European Member States.
IBMA was established in 1995 and works with other biocontrol Associations and Bioprotection Global, the Federation of Biocontrol Associations, to build the position of bioprotection in regenerative agriculture. This is an increasingly important aspect of IBMA in the climate neutral policies of the coming decade and IBMA has an increasing role with intergovernmental organisations worldwide within this context of agricultural transition.
IBMA promotes the industry by showing that biocontrol is effective and profitable for the farmer, supports biodiversity and is a key enabler of regenerative agriculture. IBMA advocates for proportionate regulation to accelerate market access for bioprotection.
The Association is an AISBL (Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif) incorporated in Brussels where it has a small office.
|Job Title||IBMA Technical Director||Position||Full time|
|Reporting to||IBMA Executive Director||Travel||Regular around Europe, occasional Intercontinental|
|Location||Brussels||Training||As necessary on discussion|
|Application Contact||IBMA Technical Director||Start Date||1st May 2022 (or earlier if available)|
|Contact||Email in confidence to: email@example.com|
|Deadline||30 November 2021|
|Content||Please apply to the IBMA Executive Director to the email above, with a CV and a covering letter explaining what you bring to the role and IBMA and your motivations for applying.|
|Salary||A competitive salary will be offered based on qualifications and experience.|
|Performance Review||An annual performance review based on objectives will be conducted by the IBMA Executive Director.|
|Job Description||Available here and on LinkedIn|
|Confidentiality||All applications will be treated in strictest confidence and only be known to the IBMA Executive Director and IBMA Board members. Any specific confidentiality questions can be asked directly to the Executive Director|
Members Job offers
Kwizda Agro, a company of the Austrian Kwizda Group, is a leading provider of crop protection products. Our high quality standards, broad portfolio and advisor offerings make us a valued partner of the agricultural sector and international industry. One focus is the development and distribution of proprietary products as alternatives to chemical-synthetic products, thus serving conventional and organic agriculture. Strengthening our registration team with focus on plant protection products we are looking for a competent REGULATORY AFFAIRS MANAGER – AGRO (M/F)
For more details please see attached document.
Kwizda Agro, a company of the Austrian Kwizda Group, is a leading provider of crop protection products. Our high quality standards, broad portfolio and advisor offerings make us a valued partner of the agricultural sector and international industry. The Business Unit „New Technologies“ focuses on the development and distribution of proprietary products as alternatives to chemical-synthetic products, thus serving conventional and organic agriculture. For the expansion of the Product Management team in Vienna we are looking for a PRODUCT MANAGER MICRO-ORGANISMS (M/F)
For more information please see the above document.
The deadline to apply is end of February 2021.
Kwizda Agro GmbH, a company of the Austrian Kwizda Group, is a leading provider of crop protection products. Our high quality standards, broad portfolio and advisor and service offerings make us to a valued partner of the agricultural sector and international industry. The Business Unit “New Technologies” focuses on the development and distribution of proprietary products as alternatives to chemical-synthetic products, thus serving conventional and organic agriculture. Due to the expansion of our biological portfolio and pipeline we are looking for an ambitious and experienced TECHNICAL MARKETING MANAGER MICRO-ORGANISMS
For more information please see the above document.
The deadline to apply is end of February 2021.
Regulatory Affairs Manager at IBMA France
IBMA France is looking for a Regulatory Affairs Manager based in Paris
Job offer (in French) below.
Vacancies at Biobest: Product Manager Biopesticides, Compliance and Registration Officer and Compliance Manager
Currently 3 Vacancies at Biobest:
Compliance and Registration Officer
Product Manager Biopesticides
at Biobest Headquarters in Westerlo, Belgium
Please find the job descriptions below
- Biobest Compliance Manager 2020
- Biobest Compliance and Registration Officer 2020
- Biobest Product Manager Biopesticides ENG
European Master degree in Plant Health in Sustainable Cropping Systems (PlantHealth) – Deadline for application 17th January 2020
European Master degree in Plant Health in Sustainable Cropping Systems –PlantHealth – Deadline for application 17th January 2020
PlantHealth – European Master Degree in PLANT HEALTH IN SUSTAINABLE CROPPING SYSTEMS is organised by a consortium of six Universities from four European countries: Montpellier SupAgro, Agrocampus Ouest and AgroParis Tech (France), University of Göttingen (Germany), University of Padova (Italy) and Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain). These Universities are highly proficient and experienced in teaching courses on general and specific aspects of Integrated Pest Management (IPM). In addition, all partners have an excellent reputation in research on various fundamental and applied aspects in plant health management, and keep strong links with enterprises of the plant protection sector and research institutes in Europe.
Universitat Politècnica de València is the co-ordinating institution of the PlantHealth Consortium.
Plant health management is a key subject of global development with regard to food safety, food security and environmental preservation. With the increasing globalization and climate change new diseases and pests threatening agricultural production will occur and have to be tackled. In many parts of the world, plant protection products are not used according to advanced regulatory and safety standards. A key issue is the need to take into account the population dynamics of pests, pathogens or weeds in the context of the whole agro-ecosystem, including beneficials, and the impact of the cropping system. The development of safe crop protection methods requires the education of highly skilled professionals for crop protection management in a sustainable agriculture, in the developed countries as well as in the developing world. This is the core mission of the European Master Degree in Plant Health in sustainable cropping systems.
PlantHealth represents an innovation in its interdisciplinary focus, giving clear priority to complex research areas and global policy issues. A distinctive and important feature of the Consortium is the emphasis on applied research, and on teaching which is applicable in plant health management.
More Information on the PlantHealth Website
Vacancies at Kwizda: Product Manager Repellents and Sales and Business development manager repellents overseas
Kwizda are currently expanding their team within KWIZDA Agro for the Biological Business Unit based in Vienna, Austria, and are looking for:
- Product Manager Repellents (m/f) with seed treatment expertise or forestry expertise
- Sales and Business development manager repellents overseas (m/f)
Registration Manager at Biobest Belgium
at Biobest Headquarters in Westerlo, Belgium
IBMA France is recruiting a Responsable des Affaires Techniques et Règlementaires, based in Paris
Job opportunity: IBMA France is recruiting a Responsable des Affaires Techniques et Règlementaires, based in Paris
Our French sister organisation is recruiting a Responsable des Affaires Techniques et Règlementaires to work along with their Secretary General Denis Longevialle. This is a great opportunity to work for the biocontrol industry association in France.
Sales Manager at Biocare (job offer in German)
Wir suchen zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt in Vollzeit eine/n
SALES MANAGER (m/w/d) Vertriebsaußendienst
BIOCARE ist ein international agierendes, mittelständisch geführtes Familienunternehmen. Wir produzieren und vertreiben biologische Pflanzenschutzmittel. Diese werden zur gezielten biologischen Bekämpfung von Schädlingen im Mais- bzw. Kartoffelanbau eingesetzt. Darüber hinaus sind wir in diversen Forschungsprojekten aktiv, welche innovative Zukunftslösungen für eine nachhaltige und rückstandsfreie Nahrungsmittelproduktion in den Fokus stellen.
- Steuerung der Verkaufsaktivitäten im deutschen und europäischen Markt im Bestandskundensegment
- Kompetente Beratung und Betreuung der Bestandskunden inkl. Durchführung von persönlichen Besuchen sowie Neukundenakquise
- Netzwerken mit Beratern, Verbänden…
- Mitarbeit an der Erstellung von Angeboten sowie Vorbereitung und Durchführung von Preisverhandlungen
- Organisation und Vertretung von BIOCARE auf Messen und Branchenveranstaltungen im In- und Ausland
- After-Sales Kundenbetreuung im In- und Ausland
- Durchführung von Marketing-Analysen, um die Auswirkungen von Kommunikation und Kampagnen zu optimieren
- Vorzugsweise abgeschlossene Ausbildung oder Studium im kaufmännischen oder landwirtschaftlichem Sektor
- Idealerweise Berufserfahrungen in den genannten Aufgabenbereichen
- Sie sind mobil und reisefreudig
- Strukturierte und selbstständige Arbeitsweise
- Sie sind kommunikationsstark, besitzen Verhandlungsgeschick und können Menschen für unsere Arbeit und Produkte begeistern
- Englischkenntnisse verhandlungssicher, Französischkenntnisse erwünscht
Wir bieten Ihnen eine unbefristete Vollzeitstelle in einem interessanten Aufgabengebiet, eine abwechslungsreiche und selbständige Tätigkeit bei gutem Betriebsklima und eine leistungsgerechte Vergütung. Wenn wir Ihr Interesse geweckt haben, freuen wir uns auf Ihre Bewerbung unter Angabe Ihrer Gehaltsvorstellung und einem möglichen Eintrittstermin.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung vorzugsweise per E-Mail an:
firstname.lastname@example.org (aus datenschutzrechtlichen Gründen bitte nicht das Kontaktformular unter “Kontakt” nutzen)
oder auf dem Postweg an:
BIOCARE Ges. für biologische Schutzmittel mbH
Wellerser Str. 57, 37586 Dassel/Markoldendorf